- 75th Commemoration of the End of WWII: Salute their Service, Honor their Hope. 9/2, 8:10-11:00am (HST), USS Missouri Memorial Association and the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum, Hawaii.
- V-J Day 75th Anniversary Commemoration. 9/2, 10:30am-10:30pm (EDT), Friends of the National World War II Memorial, Washington, DC.
- End of War 75th Anniversary: The Pacific. 9/2, 11:00am-Noon (CDT), LIVESTREAM. The National WW II Museum, New Orleans.
- COMMEMORATING THE END OF WWII. 9/2, 11:00-11:30am (MDT), Pacific War Museum, Texas.
- The National Press Club & American Legion Post 20 Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Japan’s official surrender in WWII. 9/2, 7:00pm (EDT), LIVESTREAM. Sponsor: National Press Club. Speakers: National Press Club President Mike Freedman interviews Clifton Truman Daniel, author and grandson of Harry Truman.
'UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER' THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF V-J DAY WITH RICHARD B. FRANK, author of Tower of Skulls and Downfall. 9/1, 6:00pm (CDT), ZOOM EVENT. Sponsor: The Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum.
THE ALLIED FORCES IN WORLD WAR II: HISTORY, CONSEQUENCES AND THE 21ST CENTURY WORLD ORDER. 9/2, 5:30-7:00pm (IST), WEBINAR. Sponsor: Observer Research Foundation (ORF), India. Speakers: Ajay Kumar Patnaik, Professor, Centre for Russian & Central Asian Studies, JNU; Sanjay Deshpande, Professor, Centre for Eurasian Studies, University of Mumbai; Sergei Fandeev, Director, Russian Centre for Science and Culture, Mumbai; Sriparna Pathak, Assistant Professor & Assistant Dean, School of International Affairs, OP Jindal Global University; Suresh Babu, former Ambassador of India to Armenia, Georgia & Mongolia.
TWILIGHT OF THE GODS: WAR IN THE WESTERN PACIFIC, 1944-1945. 9/2, 7:00pm (EDT), ZOOM EVENT. Sponsors: MacArthur Memorial and the Hampton Roads Naval Museum. Speaker: Ian Toll, author and historian. PURCHASE BOOK: https://amzn.to/3hywON4 (W. W. Norton & Company; Illustrated Edition (September 1, 2020), 944 pages)
PRISONERS OF THE EMPIRE: INSIDE JAPANESE POW CAMPS. 9/3, 8:00-9:00am (CDT). Radio Interview. Sponsor: The Morning Show KENOSHA-WGTD (91.1 FM). Speaker: author, Dr. Sarah Kovner, Columbia University. PURCHASE BOOK: https://amzn.to/34KQM3A (Harvard University Press (September 15, 2020), 336 pages)